Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Year SEVEN: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #16

Happy Sunday! Let's get mooooooving :)


FOs (Finished Objects)

1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018
7. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017; finished 3 April 2018
8. Pattern submission: started 19 March 2018; finished 3 April 2018
9. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
10. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018

Nothing new to see here. Again.


WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016
3. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
4. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
5. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
6. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
7. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017
8. Returning: started 14 January 2018
9. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018
10. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
11. Hat for Little Man: started 19 April 2018

I have reached a slight impasse with my socks this week...but only in that I can't really work on them in public. My Paradiddle Prototype socks are at the point where I need to check for length before I start the toe decreases. I'm not crazy about pulling off my socks and shoes in public to try on another sock to see if it's ready for toes. My Smooth Operator Socks are ready for the heel waste yarn but I want to make sure I do it like I did the first one so I need my first sock and my directions, which isn't a problem if I have a table but it doesn't work well for swimming lessons. My FrankenSocks are silly simple but they require color changes here and there, which is kind of difficult during swimming lessons.

If you couldn't tell, I needed a project to work on during swimming lessons.

So, I had some Ultra Merino from Berroco hanging around and Little Man is kind of in need of a new hat....so I started a new hat for him. I'll probably dig out some white and make a striped hat. Nothing fancy. I don't think the 92 yds in the skein is enough for a full-sized hat, hence the probable stripes.



But that's about all I worked on, honestly. I think.



OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists:

Children's Items
1. Stuffed toy for my Devil Niece (so-called because her initials are TAZ)
2. Undetermined hat for Little Man
3. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
4. Mittens for Stormageddon
5. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
6. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
7. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, probably for #1 on this list)

Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and....something....)
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Sockhead (fingering - Madelinetosh Merino Light)
11. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
12. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
13. Age of Brass & Steam (DK - Berroco Comfort DK)
14. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
15. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)

Random Things
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat kit
3. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
4. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
5. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)
6. Granny Square Blanket (which means I need to learn to crochet)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks  *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.

Spinning
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2.  Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool

Dyeing
1. Malabrigo Nube fiber
2. Gaia (worsted)
3. Euro Sock 6-ply
4. Whatever else I find in the bag...I have a bag...or maybe a couple of bags....

Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)




Now that the auction is over and we're just doing back-end type stuff (like the budget and getting ready for next year), I was hoping for more time to knit and spin but, really, that's not happening yet. I don't expect it until May, at the earliest. I'm okay with that. The only thing is that I'm having itchy fingers from Startitis....I want to start allllllll the things right now. So, I'm going to have to sit down and make an actual plan for the next few weeks/months so I don't cast on a million projects that I'll have to frog later. ::sigh::

This week has been pretty benign because I've been busy fielding auction stuff. Again. I went to the PTA Board Meeting on Tuesday to give my report, which isn't finished and they're aware of that. They just wanted a ballpark idea so they can start working on next year's budget. Outside of that, not much else happened.



Because Avengers: Infinity Wars comes out this week, we've been attempting to get caught up and re-watch everything in chronological order. Right now, we're through Thor, having watched it last night. I missed The Incredible Hulk (the Edward Norton version) but I'm not too fussed about it. I watched the show when I was a kid so I've got a pretty good idea what happens with that one. So, as of right now, we've worked through: Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor. I think we're watching the next one today (The Avengers) and maybe the next after that (Iron Man 3). We'll see how the day goes. But, the boys wanted to dress up in their costumes. The Captain America one almost fits Stormageddon. I still have to pin up the legs but it fits him otherwise. 

I don't know if this little guy is good luck or not. I found him in the space between my door & car body, trying to make a web. 



It also happened to be the same day that this happened:


What you're looking at is my dash (yes, I was parked - hence the "p" at the top right). This is the longest I've ever driven a car. My car turned 100,000 miles this week. She is showing her age and her "check engine" light is still on. To be fair, it comes on every "winter" and usually requires new spark plugs and maybe new coils at the beginning of every spring....that, combined with the gas formula change that happens around this time will usually get it to turn off. If it doesn't turn off, I could be in a world of trouble that I don't want right now. But she runs fine, other than being a little more of a gas-eater than she used to be. 

On Thursday, I caught Stormageddon doing this:


Yes, he's sitting in the chair, sucking his big toe. He was never much of a sucker on anything. He didn't take a binky, he didn't suck his thumb or any of his fingers or toes, he didn't really suck on anything....but once in awhile, he'll do this. My best friend's mom (back home) asked if I was jealous he was that flexible. No, I'm really not.....because I can still suck my toes if I ever had a desire to do so (and, spoiler alert, I don't). 





These also happened on Thursday. Our friend Thom came over and took a couple photos of Stormageddon being, well, Stormageddon. Thom has a red Porsche (not the one in the above photo) that he has named Sibylle.....he's decided that Stormageddon's little rocket car is also named Sibylle. Also, he loves being in the Porsches (Thom has his and then he has his dad's "legacy" one - which is the one in the above photo). He doesn't get to do it very often, though. 


Apparently Thursday was "picture day" in my house because I also got a couple of Little Man, but only one was decent. 


He had swimming lessons and didn't know I was taking this photo. This is when he was supposed to be drying off. Of course, he's busy watching everyone else and not drying off. ::sigh:: Typical of my children.



Anyway, I'm a little late today for various reasons. Sue me. I got it done before noon this time. I hope you had a lovely week and weekend :) 

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Edward Norton one...thought about taking a personal day on Friday, but my uncle has just been put into hospice, so I may have to take some time off.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to catch up on the Avengers movies. Glad to see the boys doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lost me at" check engine light" I have a panic attack seeing that light because in our truck that always costs us big money. I am glad for you it is not a big deal. As usual I love the pics of your wonderful family. It is lovely to step into a week into your life.

    ReplyDelete