Happy Wednesday :)
I know that Wednesdays are usually reserved for WIP Wednesdays but I'm throwing in some yarn dyeing adventures. We've previously see the process of me making a mess while dyeing yarn (because it is a messy process). This time around, I think I'm just going to give you the results....
These are both Malabrigo Twist as a base (100% merino, Aran weight, 150 yds each). They were both full immersion in separate dye baths. The purple one had some black drops added to the dye bath toward the end, which is why there are also some darker purple-grey spots.
The rest of these are the Sanguine Gryphon Bugga base (which is the same as the Bugga base for Cephalopod Yarns and the Verdant Gryphon - a 70/20/10 Merino-Cashmere-Nylon blend, sport weight, with 412 yds/125 g). However, these were the cone ends so they are not full 412 yd skeins. They run about 250 yds each but I haven't measured/weighed them so I'm unsure of the actual yardage.
This one was done with two different dye baths and the yarn was placed in both at the same time. The original idea in my head was that there was going to be sections of red, sections of yellow, and sections of white.......but I neglected to take into account that the dye was going to travel across the "barrier" and mix a little bit so there aren't really any truly white sections. I'm okay with it, though.
This was also done with two dye baths but since I saw what happened to the red/yellow skein above, I didn't bother trying to keep the black and purple separate (also, this is more of a purple and less of a blue - I could not capture the color correctly). I let them meld together and then I did a dunk in the purple to finish off the lighter area in the middle followed by a dunk in the black. Okay, "dunk" isn't the right word...I soaked the middle section in both colors separately for a bit of time in an attempt to even out the lighter section.
While all that was going on, I did these two:
These were full immersion in the same dye bath at the same time. They're slightly tonal but they're the same colorway, which is a new thing for me.
These were all dyed on Saturday, June 3, 2017 in the afternoon. No matter how careful I am and wearing gloves and the whole thing...I still wind up with dye on my hands. ::sigh::
I hope you're all having a lovely Wednesday. I'll be back on Friday...and Saturday...and Sunday...........yuuuup.